Some specs of the phone are –
- Android 2.2 Froyo
- TouchWiz 3.0
- 3.5 inch display with 480 x 320 pixels (just like an old iPhone)
- HSDPA (7.2Mbps), 900/2100 MHz
- EDGE/GPRS, 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.5mm headset jack
- FM radio with RDS
- 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash
- 800 MHz Qualcomm processor
- 150MB of internal memory
- 2GB microSD card pre-installed
- 1,350 mAh battery
- 112.4 x 59.9 x 11.5 mm
- 113 grams
Source: Unwired View
Samsung and Google have announced the Nexus S today, which would be the first smartphone that would work on Android 2.3, the latest version of the Google OS, also known as the Gingerbread.
The phone would come with a 5MP camera at the back and front and would run on a 1GHz Arm processor developed by Samsung. It will include a 16 GB internal memory and a gyroscope that will give the user a better gaming experience by tilting the phone they want to.
The device would be available for sale in the US from the 16th of Dec and in the UK from the 20th of Dec priced at $529 and for $199 with a 2 year contract with T-Mobile.
Source: Google Blog